Saturday, August 13, 2016

Here Comes Sexy ~ @oddlynn3 #LynnCrain #MySexySaturday #MySexyAuthors #MSS154

 Welcome to week 154th week of My Sexy Saturday. This week’s theme is Here Comes Sexy.  I’ll admit, this one is a little hard to pick because all my heroes are sexy and they exude sexy when they walk into a room. That said, I decided to find my sexy snippet this week from a book in my backlist.

Things in the new house have finally got a little better as we did get our furniture last weekend, hence why I wasn’t here. Still, they left us with too many boxes to unpack because they didn’t have a big enough crew. I’ve decide that there’s a story there somewhere and I will write it someday. And I got my desk, my real desk, so I’ve totally run out of excuses for keeping things on my blog. Yes, Monday’s Scoop and My So-Called Writing Life Columns will happen this week if I can get them written before returned to Nevada for a short while to sort some reno issues out there too. And boy do I have a lot to share! Including the fact that I’m still not at my desk but a smaller tablet that doubles for meals. Arghhh!

Don’t forget to visit all the awesome authors of My Sexy Saturday this week. This is a fun place to test the waters for books and authors as each will share a sexy snippet with you. Every book is special and even though a theme is given each week, authors are not required to follow it exactly as every author has their own definition of sexy. That means sexy can run the gamut from smoking hot to very sweet romance.

This week, like I said, I’m going back to my back list and a book called, More Than Robotics. This book is second in a series that needs to be continued here in the near future. It is definitely one of my favorite books ever and it’s possible my favorite genre of sci-fi romance. It is from my traditional epublisher, eXtasy Books. Here’s the set up for this wonderful novella:

There were only three things in life that Captain Bekka Taylor wanted in life: 1) Command of a Warrior Class Star Marauder, 2) To grow old gracefully and 3) A lover who understood her fiery nature. She was accomplishing two out of her three objectives very nicely when an internal IUA conflict begins to encompasses the whole world as she knows it. Then Lieutenant Javed Malik comes aboard, clearly younger than she, with dreamy eyes and a secret meant only for her. But letting him in means getting rid of years of frustration and anguish and maybe her career. Can she survive another war or the smoldering looks from her junior officer sent to protect her 24/7?.

Here’s my seven paragraphs from this great story:


Stepping out of the elevator, I paused for a moment, then walked to the window where I watched the landing of the Valkyrie. I had an affinity for the old birds since they were the first ship I had learned to maneuver. The ship might look ancient, but was the workhorse of the fleet in many ways. It could make short or long jumps and it carried one or a hundred guns depending on the mission. It could also take supplies or people to or from a planet as well as be the fiercest of fighters when needed. And many times, it had saved my ass in my early career. Fifteen years ago we had been in a war against terrorists not unlike those of the UFF. The bigger IUA got, the more we had been called on to protect the outlying planets and colonies, some of which were in the Alliance and some which were not.
My wait was short lived. The landing bay doors opened and the ship glided in for a near perfect landing. This was different than the beginning of the journey when the smaller ship was thrown out of the larger ship at the end of a catapult. I had to wait until the airlock secured before I went out to the deck. The light turned green, I opened the door and marched toward the ship that had caused my crew concern. I couldn’t help but admire the ship. I didn’t wait long for the door to cycle with the loading ramp coming down. A few more minutes passed before the pilot received the all clear from the flight officer on deck. I could have disposed with all the formality, but decided not to. I didn’t want anyone to think certain people had special privileges. The crew didn’t need to know who Fallon was to me.
I don’t know what I expected, but when the pilot removed his helmet, my breath caught in my throat as my heart skipped a beat. His ebony eyes and thick, black hair immediately had my attention. I always had a soft spot for dark-haired men. His skin was like a reddish café au lait and his smile was brilliant. Years had gone by since anyone had made my heart flutter and this man sent me into hyper drive with his good looks and great body.
“What’s your name, soldier? My comspec was a little lax in giving me your particulars.” I turned and headed toward the elevator. No one needed to see the desire building in me.
“Malik, sir.”
I glanced back at him, but continued to walk. “A first name?”
“Lieutenant Javed Malik, sir.”

eXtasy Books, my traditional epublisher, is having a sale on the books listed below. You can get a substantial savings and even some free things by just visiting their website. Hope to see you there and don’t forget to pick up your copies today of these fabulous sale books!

The Thing About Elves ~ Book 2 in the Santa’s Elves series
The Haunting of Maggie Grey ~ Award-winning Scottish Historical about a woman doctor
Captive Illusions: Iain and Kelsey ~ Story about a woman’s darkest fantasy
Fluke ~ Book 1 of the Orchid series, sci-fi romance
An Elf’s Desire ~ Book 3 in the Santa’s Elves series
A Love for Eggther ~ Book 3.5 in the Santa’s Elves series
Shopping Spree ~ Story about a very special dress shop

Again, please visit all the great authors at the My Sexy Saturday weekly blog hop listed below to read their sexy snippets. When you do, please share via Facebook or Twitter. It helps out a lot and every author appreciates it each and every time. If you’d like to do them all at once, search for the #hashtag #MySexySaturday or #MySexyAuthors to get all tweets of the day then retweet them to your heart’s content. You can even search by the #hashtags on Facebook and share the posts there as well. Remember, we adore each and every one of you!

See you all next week with more My Sexy Saturday!


Lynn 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Liv. It's one of those stories that a writer can really get into. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete